Tourism SkillsNet Ontario is a new provincial industry-led workforce development initiative focused on workforce planning, partnership building, talent pool development and skills training for the Tourism, Hospitality and Food Service sectors. This initiative is led by the Ontario Tourism Education Corporation (OTEC) with key industry partners such as the Ontario Restaurant Hotel Motel Association (ORHMA), Restaurants Canada, Magnet, ALiGN, the Discover Ability Network and a host of regional partners.
Over the past four years, the Regional Tourism Office of the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport for Huron Perth Waterloo and Wellington, RTO4, has been working on Tourism workforce development. With multiple stakeholders and key players in the hospitality industry in Waterloo Region, they have identified tourism employment priorities and developed a tailored solution to address the specific needs of industry partners in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge.
"Workforce Planning Board of Waterloo Wellington Dufferin is pleased to be a partner on this project. We have been working with RTO4 on developing and implementing local workforce development strategies for the past several years and are pleased that funding has been secured to move this project forward" said Workforce Planning Board Executive Director Carol Simpson.
See the attached PDF press release for the full story.
Tourism SkillsNet Ontario is collaborating for workforce competitiveness
- 39 views
- 4 versions
- 0 comments
- 1 follower
- Posted By:
- Jeremy Cook
- October 23, 2018
About this channel
- 1,251 views
- 13 articles
- 0 followers
This is where we post blogs that are of interest to all audience and will show up on the main page
- Tourism SkillsNet Ontario is collaborating for workforce competitiveness
3 weeks ago
- Manufacturing employs more people than any other industry in the local area and it still needs more workers!
7 weeks ago
- Why Are Area Employees Quitting Their Manufacturing Jobs?
2 months ago
- Construction Sector Insights show Area Construction Companies are struggling to hire
3 months ago
- If You're in the Construction Industry We Want Your Input
3 months ago
- Join our mailing list
4 months ago
- Why are employees quitting their manufacturing jobs?
5 months ago
- Manufacturing Insights 2018
5 months ago
- Robot Talks - Summary Report
6 months ago
- Pipedreams Welding Pre-Apprenticeship program
7 months ago