Are you a detail orientated, challenge-welcoming, highly-organized dynamo and expert event planner? If so, we need to talk to you about this exciting opportunity. This 3 month contract position (potential for extension) offers you the chance to shine, show your potential and use your existing skills and develop new ones. This job provides lots of opportunities to meet new people, to expand your professional network and have creative input to our largest annual partnership activities, October’s Manufacturing Day/Month. Multiple events include simultaneous manufacturing facility tours across Waterloo Wellington and Dufferin for students, new Canadians, jobseekers and members of the public. There’s also a wrap up celebration breakfast event later in October.
If you are interested please send us your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be the best fit to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm, Friday, July 20, 2018.
The Workforce Planning Board of Waterloo Wellington Dufferin is an equal opportunities employer. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- Position Summary
This position will work directly with the Executive Director and other staff on the implementation of all Manufacturing Day/Month activities. The Event Coordinator will engage employers and other organizations through presentations, design and create reports and other information resources as required. Participate in marketing development, organization and promotion of activities. Assist with administrative duties as required.
2. Job Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Executive Director this position will:
- Engage local manufacturers to participate
- Collaborate with multiple project partners
- Coordinate all related activities
- Implement sponsorship outreach
- Solicit event donors
- Determine requirements for hospitality services, signage, multi-media equipment, printing and other technical services, and arrange for and manage contracts for these services
- Plan and arrange for transportation services
- Develop and implement registration systems and information materials
- Plan for required documentation and for pre- and post-distribution of documentation (itineraries, evaluations etc.)
- Plan for interpretation services
- Manage event logistics
- Organize food and beverage and other services
- Set up and monitor, or arrange for the setting up and monitoring of multi-media equipment
- Ensure that legislation, regulations, policies and procedures are not violated
- Other administrative duties which may be assigned
Part B: Job Specifications / Requirements
Post secondary or equivalent of proven, relevant experience.
2. Key Skills/Competencies
- Time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Planning and organization
- Social media
- Use of design software
- Excellent computer/social media skills
- Presentation/Facilitation skills
- Decision making/Problem solving
Essential Skills: Reading Text, Document Use, Numeracy, Writing, Communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Finding information, Computer use, Continuous learning.
Part C: Additional Information
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; tight deadlines. This position may require some evening and weekend work, as well as extensive travel around the WPBWWD area. Access to reliable transportation is mandatory.